This is our "budget" version of our unhinged Game Boy Advance SP housings. This set includes a CNC aluminum front panel only. Simply pair with our required CNC aluminum buttons, a plastic rear, and a stock battery. Price shown is for the housings (shells) only. Add parts to build your kit and see the total in your cart.
- The rear L and R buttons are in the same relative location on the backside. The L and R buttons will have precise, reduced travel, and the front buttons (not included) were intentionally made slightly taller than stock buttons to make room for the optional 3.5mm/type C modifications.
- With a used Nintendo GBA-SP and our buttons, you can can drop the parts in without any soldering.
- There is space made for to add a type C charge board and/or headphone jack. If you chose not to use them, we have simple 3d printed plugs to fill the holes on the bottom.
- The brightness button is maintained.
- There is still access to the rear link port and the power port, however some larger attachments modules will not fit.
- You will need to trim the two OEM metal posts for the shoulder buttons
- There may be some very slight variances in matching the plastic to metal profile shape
- Height = 133mm, Width = 82mm
- Fastener size: M1.7, flathead. Do Not use your old fasteners!
Please reference our installation guides to help with your build.
Other parts you will need to source:
Original Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP (any version)
Plastic Game Boy Advance SP Rear Housing with plastic power switch, rear (L, R) buttons
28 or 30 gage wire, and misc. building supplies
To view all of our Unhinged products
Changes from Gen 1 to this Gen 2:
1. Screen opening is centered
2. Parts designed around 4mm diffuser
3. Removal of two cosmetic cuts on the front surface corners
4. Shape of parts are redesigned -they can mate up to an OEM rear plastic housing
5. More room to squeeze in an OEM (AGS) screen if the foam is carefully removed from the AGS screen. There is now more room for other aftermarket screens. We have not tested all screens, so in general, if the fit is too tight, do not use force!
1. Can these new parts fit the Version 1 unhinged?
With the exception of the flat battery panel, no.
2. Do I use stock silicone, do I use stock L and R buttons, etc?
Answer: I have created an assembly process with images so you can see what is involved to assemble and get a better understanding of what parts are needed for your custom build.
3. Can I use an OEM screen?
Yes! The stock screen is a very tight fit, so carefully remove the foam on the back of the screen.
4. Will you sell the back separately?
No, we do not plan to sell the metal back housing individually.
If you would rather have a fully functional custom unit built for you, contact one of the builders from our list: Builders List
These parts are not mass produced and we use multiple machine shops, so surface finish, texture, and color may vary between batches. Colors may also look different depending on your screen, the lighting, and variations in anodizing.
Please be sure to review our refund policy for cancelled and returned orders.
Please see our FAQ page for information about international orders, import fees, and tariffs. We do not change the value of the shipment and we do not have control over your particular country's fee/tariffs/taxes.
Brass parts come as machined and may show oxidation/discolor. Assume you will need to do your final surface finishing using a flexible 3M sanding pad. (The 3M 7448 usually works well). Then, apply clearcoat, poly, or other coating to maintain the shine.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.