Fully CNC machined aluminum housing for your Nintendo DS Lite. Known as the Game Boy Macro, this housing is for those that have a damaged upper Nintendo DS screen or hinge and would like to use their lower PCB and screen as a complete unit.
This is for the front housing only. Your stock rear housing, battery and other components simply drop in. No trimming, sanding, or painting necessary to your housing. As of 7/27/20, the custom Macro lens glass will fit without adding the 3d printed spacers. This makes installation easier, but requires that digitizer is removed from the front of your LCD.
Main points include:
- Space has been made for a front facing speaker. A Nintendo switch speaker fits. Keep in mind this speaker is very small, and consequently the so is the sound. Adding a second rear facing speaker is recommended for those that need full sound.
- Both upper and lower game slots can be utilized if you only use the front speaker
- Replacement lower housing kits are available to make your Macro look new. Available here
- A 330 Ohm resistor is necessary if you're doing a new conversion. Available here
- Fasteners are included, M1.7x0.35, 3mm long
An assembly guide showing the basic install is available under the assembly guides menu on the site.
If you are interested in add a laser etching to the front of your shell, add the laser etching service to your order.
To view all of our DSL Macro products
If you find a part out of stock, visit our central location for part availability. It shows what colors are on order and also an estimated time to receive parts. Unfortunately, we cannot yet order every color as the volume of parts would be too large for us. Typically, we order 3 colors at a time, so you may need to wait until a color is made. https://www.boxypixel.com/
- These parts are not mass produced and we use multiple machine shops, so surface finish, texture, and color may vary between batches. Colors may also look different depending on your screen, the lighting, and variations in anodizing.
- Inventory may be slightly off due to these variations and potential damage of parts-- though we adjust for it, this is difficult to predict and we may have fewer of any item than anticipated.
- Please be sure to review our refund policy for cancelled and returned orders.
- Please see our FAQ page for information about international orders, import fees, and tariffs. We do not change the value of the shipment.
- Brass parts are custom machined one at a time after an order is placed. Brass will come as it was machined and can show some oxidation/discolor. Assume you will need to do your final surface finishing. Please allow approximately 1 month to machine.
Please refer to our FAQ page if you have further questions.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.