We are currently taking a break from building so we can design and prototype some new products. Here is a list of builders that can help you with a fully build Boxy Pixel unit:
Custom Built Game Boy Color
For those than would like something extra special. You will receive a custom machined, fully built Nintendo Game Boy Color by Boxy Pixel. Everything is included, and ready to play your favorite games cartridge.
- Original Game Boy Color electronics
- New back-lit Funnyplaying LCD screen
- Custom Machined 6061 aluminum front and rear housing
- Note: This housing is custom machined
- No glue, it is fastened together with stainless steel fasteners
- Rechargeable lithium battery (2000 mAh).
- Type C charging port via 5V cable. (Note, you cannot use fast charge for the type C and may need to charge with a common 5V USB wall charger)
- Choose your favorite button color in plastic or aluminum
- Glass screen lens
- The charge light can be visible in a small opening from the rear. A red glow indicates charging; a blue is charge complete. Note that type C fast charge is not supported. Plug your charge cable into a conventional 5V USB wall charger.
- We can use any shell color that you see we have in stock without any additional fees. See here to view what extra colors we may have in stock. Simply choose a purchase your build using a clear anodize shell, then email me with your order number and your color choice from the in stock colors.
- If you choose a custom anodize color, enter a color that best describes your choice. You are welcome to email an image of your color choice as well. Searching for anodize color options may help you. Color matching is unfortunately not possible, but the anodizer will choose a color that is closest to your desired color. Each part is individually sent to get stripped and anodized.
- If you choose a new speaker - this will include the speaker only. We are not yet offering amplifiers
Please refer to our FAQ page if you have further questions.
***IMPORTANT NOTES: Please allow approximately 1-2 months to procure parts and complete your build. Your patience is appreciated for these custom builds.
1. Note: Type C to type A cable needed to charge
2. These parts are not mass produced, and as such should be considered hand made. Although we strive for perfection, non mass produced parts may show some imperfections. These can be particularly prominent in black anodized parts. We do not think this detracts from the overall experience of these parts, but will offer a refund for the unit (less shipping) if you are dissatisfied with the appearance of the piece upon its arrival.
3. Surface finish, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. We use multiple machine shops and are continuously improving our products’ surface finish. Colors may also look different depending on your screen, ambient lighting, and variations in anodizing from batch to batch.
4. The clear anodize is a chemical alteration to the surface that is colorless and helps protect from oxidation, scratches, and finger prints.
5. Please be sure to review our refund policy for cancelled and returned orders.
6. International orders: Import taxes/fees/tarrifs are not included. Your country will determine these fees. We do not change the value of the shipment. Please refer to our FAQ page if you have further questions.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.