This set brings new life to the Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP internal components and rehouses them into our Boxy Pixel unhinged aluminum design. Our housing also is designed to allow a backlit Funnyplaying IPS screen to drop in (the stock AGS screen will NOT fit). Includes 4 parts: Front housing, LCD rear housing, main rear housing, and battery rear panel, and fasteners. This kit includes aluminum shells and fasteners only. You must choose your remaining components to complete this custom build.
- The rear L and R buttons are in the same relative location on the backside. The L and R buttons will have precise, reduced travel, and the front buttons (not included) were intentionally made slightly taller than stock buttons.
- With a used SP, an upgraded IPS screen, and our buttons, you can can drop the parts in without any soldering. If you would like to add functionality, we have features built in to do so.
- There is space made for to add a type C charge board and/or headphone jack. If you chose not to use them, we have simple 3d printed plugs to fill the holes on the bottom.
- There is space for a larger, optional battery if desired. We have a larger 1700 mAh battery available.
- There is space available for wireless charge coil. You would need to make the rear battery access panel plastic to do so.
- The overall depth is slightly larger than the original and makes playing more comfortable.
- The brightness button is maintained so you can (optionally) solder in the brightness control wire if you desire
- There is still access to the rear link port and the power port, however some larger attachments modules will not fit.
- Height = 133mm, Width = 82mm, depth = 22.9m
- Fully assembled weight = 7.8 oz (depending on modifications)
- Included fastener size: M1.7x 3mm long, flathead
Basic parts required:
Original Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP (any version)
You MUST use custom buttons - With the exception of the L and R, the stock buttons will not fit.
L and R buttons and power switch from your old Advance SP
Aftermarket backlit IPS screen kit (Funnyplaying)
3d printed battery retainer (if using stock battery)
Headphone and Type C plug (if you are NOT adding these they fill in the holes)
Type C charge board if you would like to add type C charging (requires custom wiring and soldering)
Headphone jack (requires custom wiring and soldering) - Part number SJ2-35954D-SMT-TR fits well.
Larger, Boxy Pixel 1700 mAh battery (requires soldering)
28 or 30 gage wire, and misc. building supplies
To view all of our USP products
1. What headphone jack do you need?
Answer: Part number SJ2-35954D-SMT-TR
2. Can I use your Type C power board that is used in the GBA/GBC?
Answer: Yes. Our type C board has some functionality that would not be utilized in the SP, but it fits well in the SP unhinged shell
3. Do I use silicone, do I use stock L and R buttons, etc.
Answer: I have created an assembly process with images so you can see what is involved to assemble and get a better understanding of what parts are needed for your custom build.
If you would rather have a fully functional custom unit built for you, contact one of the builders from our list: Builders List
Update 10/8/2021 - *NEW* Dark Green Color added - this replaces our older green version. Please note this color has greater color variation from the anodizing process versus our previous batches.
- These parts are not mass produced and we use multiple machine shops, so surface finish, texture, and color may vary between batches. Colors may also look different depending on your screen, the lighting, and variations in anodizing.
- Please be sure to review our refund policy for cancelled and returned orders.
- Please see our FAQ page for information about international orders, import fees, and tariffs. We do not change the value of the shipment and we do not have control over your particular country's fee/tariffs/taxes.
- Brass parts come as machined and may show oxidation/discolor. Assume you will need to do your final surface finishing using a flexible 3M sanding pad. (The 3M 7448 usually works well). Then, apply clearcoat, poly, or other coating to maintain the shine.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.