This item has been discontinued. We now have a shell for your original DMG electronics.
This is a fully CNC machined aluminum housing for the Game Boy DMG with a Raspberry Pi CM3 Module. This fits Kite's All in one board kit that makes use of the Raspberry Pi CM3 to turn a classic Game Boy into a fully functional handheld gaming computer. Parts will come clear anodized*
Weight: 0.62 lbs
- Includes machined front housing, machined rear main housing, machined rear button access panel, and fasteners
- Rear button panel uses HoolyHoo's 4 button PCB and DS Lite buttons. Here is a link to print the rear 4 buttons if you choose to do so:
- The 3 Kite PCB components will simply drop in and fasten to the rear housing with included fasteners
- Holes in the front are ready for your choice of colors for A, B, X and Y front buttons
- Large rear access panel allows room to disconnect battery, and room to work
- Holes pre-drilled for LED's
- Assembly instructions
Joystick Rev A:
- Important: Some versions of the PCB have a black plastic piece that holds the CM3. If it's black, you will need to simply snap off one side as this gets in the way. If the piece is white, no modification is needed.
- This housing is for the CM3 (NOT CM3+)
No Joystick Rev C:
- No need to trim the PCB plastic
- This can fit the CM3 and CM3 plus. A thermal pad is recommended (optional) for the CM3 if you would like the CM3 to touch the rear housing
- The joystick hole is removed, however a pilot hole has been drilled if anyone would like to drill it out on their own.
Other parts required:
Kite circuit sword PCB Kit - signup for his mailing list here.
4 front DMG buttons and 1 directional keypad
Buttons silicone set
DMG plastic power switch
Battery - 56.5x54x12.5mm will fit. This battery by "Helder" fits well. Note: A 3d printed part is recommended to keep the battery in place (no longer included)
Optional Joystick (Sony PS Vita PCH-2000)
Thermal paste and/or thermal pad
Hoolyhoo rear button PCB -You will use one of the 4 buttons for the MODE switch. The other 3 buttons in the Hoolyhoo kit will not be used.
4 rear DS Lite buttons (two X and two Y are recommended). These are used with the Hoolyhoo PCB.
If you find a part out of stock, visit our central location for part availability. It shows what colors are on order and also an estimated time to receive parts. Here are updates on parts: https://www.boxypixel.com/
- These parts are not mass produced and we use multiple machine shops, so surface finish, texture, and color may vary between batches. Colors may also look different depending on your screen, the lighting, and variations in anodizing.
- Inventory may be slightly off due to these variations and potential damage of parts-- though we adjust for it, this is difficult to predict and we may have fewer of any item than anticipated.
- Please be sure to review our refund policy for cancelled and returned orders.
- Please see our FAQ page for information about international orders, import fees, and tariffs. We do not change the value of the shipment.
Q: Why so expensive?
- A: I get it, this is extremely expensive, and I can empathize. It's a very large piece of aluminum (higher material costs) and requires a ton of machining time.
Q: How heavy is an assembled unit?
- A: 1 lb for fully built unit, assuming Helder's battery is used (Reference: Stock DMG unit with AA batteries is 0.67 lbs)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.