This is a fully CNC machined aluminum housing for the Game Boy DMG with a Raspberry Pi CM3 Module. This fits Kite's All in one board kit that makes use of the Raspberry Pi CM3 to turn a classic Game Boy into a fully functional handheld gaming computer. Parts will come clear anodized*
Weight: 0.62 lbs
Includes machined front housing, machined rear main housing, machined rear button access panel, and fasteners
Rear button panel uses HoolyHoo's 4 button PCB and DS Lite buttons
The 3 Kite PCB components will simply drop in and fasten to the rear housing with included fasteners
Holes in the front are ready for your choice of colors for A, B, X and Y front buttons
The rear housing touches the Raspberry Pi CM3 board and will serve as a large heatsink
Large rear access panel allows room to disconnect battery, and room to work
Important: Some versions of the PCB have a black plastic piece that holds the CM3. If it's black, you will need to simply snap off one side as this gets in the way. If the piece is white, no modification is needed.
1. These parts are not mass produced, and as such should be considered hand made. Although we strive for perfection, we also need to make parts affordable for all. These can be particularly prominent in black anodized parts. We think this often adds a unique and individual character to the parts, but will offer a refund if you are dissatisfied with the appearance of the piece upon its arrival.
2. Surface finish, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. We use multiple machine shops and are continuously improving our products’ surface finish. Colors may also look different depending on your screen, the lighting, and also variations in anodizing from batch to batch.
3. The clear anodize is a chemical alteration to the surface that is colorless and helps protect from oxidation, scratches, and finger prints.
4. Please be sure to review our refund policy for cancelled and returned orders.
5. International orders: Import taxes/fees/tariffs are not included. Your country will determine these fees. We do not change the value of the shipment. Please refer to our FAQ page if you have further questions.
Q: Do you have aluminum buttons?
A: I do not have aluminum buttons available yet. I hope to have these in early 2020. Good news is, the PCB mounts to the rear housing, so it's extremely simple to swap out buttons in the future.
Q: Why so expensive?
A: I get it, this is extremely expensive, and I can empathize. It's a very large piece of aluminum (higher material costs) and requires a ton of machining time.
Q: How heavy is an assembled unit?
A: 1 lb for fully built unit, assuming Helder's battery is used (Reference: Stock DMG unit with AA batteries is 0.67 lbs)