Fully CNC machined aluminum housing for your Nintendo DS Lite. Known as the Game Boy Macro, this housing is for those that have a damaged upper Nintendo DS screen or hinge and would like to use their lower PCB and screen as a complete unit.
This is for the front housing only. Your stock rear housing, battery and other components simply drop in. No trimming, sanding, or painting necessary to your housing. As of 7/27/20, the custom Macro lens glass will fit without adding the 3d printed spacers. This makes installation easier, but requires that digitizer is removed from the front of your LCD.
Main points include:
Space has been made for a front facing speaker. A Nintendo switch speaker fits. Keep in mind this speaker is very small, and consequently the so is the sound. Adding a second rear facing speaker is recommended for those that need full sound.
Both upper and lower game slots can be utilized if you only use the front speaker
Replacement lower housing kits are available to make your Macro look new. Available here
A 330 Ohm resistor is necessary if you're doing a new conversion. Available here
An assembly guide showing the basic install is available under the assembly guides on the site.
If you are interested in add a laser etching to the front of your shell, add thelaser etching service to your order.
If you find a part out of stock, visit our central location for part availability. It shows what colors are on order and also an estimated time to receive parts. Unfortunately, we cannot yet order every color as the volume of parts would be too large for us. Typically, we order 3 colors at a time, so you may need to wait until a color is made. https://www.boxypixel.com/pages/product-availability
1. These parts are not mass produced, and as such should be considered hand made. Although we strive for perfection, we also need to make parts affordable for all. These can be particularly prominent in black anodized parts. We think this often adds a unique and individual character to the parts, but will offer a refund if you are dissatisfied with the appearance of the piece upon its arrival.
2. Surface finish, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. We use multiple machine shops and are continuously improving our products’ surface finish. Colors may also look different depending on your screen, the lighting, and also variations in anodizing from batch to batch.
3. The clear anodize is a chemical alteration to the surface that is colorless and helps protect from oxidation, scratches, and finger prints.
4. Please be sure to review our refund policy for cancelled and returned orders.
5. International orders: Import taxes/fees/tariffs are not included. Your country will determine these fees. We do not change the value of the shipment. Please refer to our FAQ page if you have further questions.
Please refer to our FAQ page if you have further questions.