This shell set has the look of a Game Boy Pocket on the outside, but uses Game Boy Color electronics inside.
This CNC machined aluminum front and rear shell allows you to convert your Game Boy Color to a Game Boy Pocket styling by removing the IR Led's. This includes both front and rear aluminum housings, and a color matched metal bezel.
- Custom aluminum CNC machined front and rear housings
- Oval side cutout for use of a Type-C DC conversion board
- Steel fasteners included
- Click Here for an assembly guides (Updates coming soon)
- Fastener thread size is M2
- Touch sensors can be tricky, so we have created features on the top to use pins. The brightness touch sensor wire can be soldered to this, and seems to work well in our testing.
- Slightly larger exterior dimensions than an OEM pocket. The game cartridges will sit slightly above the top
The following are other Game Boy Color parts to complete your custom build:
1. Original Game Boy Color
2. Backlit screen - GBC Retro Pixel 2.0 Q5 laminated backlit screen made by Funnyplaying,
3. Wire - 28-30 awg works great
4. Kapton tape can be helpful
To view all of our Pocket products
See our assembly guides for details on how to put yours together.
If you would rather have a fully functional custom unit built for you, contact one of the builders from our list: Builders List
Please refer to our FAQ page if you have further questions.
- These parts are not mass produced and we use multiple machine shops, so surface finish, texture, and color may vary between batches. Colors may also look different depending on your screen, the lighting, and variations in anodizing. Colors can vary from part to part - black is the least noticeable.
- Please be sure to review our refund policy for canceled and returned orders.
- Please see our FAQ page for information about international orders, import fees, and tariffs. We do not change the value of the shipment and we do not have control over your particular country's fee/tariffs/taxes.
- Brass parts come as machined and may show oxidation/discolor. Assume you will need to do your final surface finishing using a flexible 3M sanding pad. (The 3M 7448 usually works well). Then, apply clearcoat, poly, or other coating to maintain the shine.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.