Game Boy Color Machined Aluminum Shells - Front ONLY
This CNC machined aluminum front shell allows you to convert your Game Boy Color to have a backlit color screen. You will need to use a plastic rear housing. This is great alternative for those that still want to use AA batteries.
These shells are compatible with several types of screens:
- IPS screen from Funnyplaying - stock size, soldering not mandatory
- Q5 screen kit - larger screen that requires soldering
- Retro Pixel 1.0 from Funnyplaying (Non-laminated version)
Clear or color anodizing protects the surface from scratches, oxidation, and fingerprints.
You need to use the included machined fasteners to attach your PCB and also your plastic rear to this machined front. Fasteners are M2 thread.
If you find a part out of stock, visit our central location for part availability. It shows what colors are on order and also an estimated time to receive parts. Unfortunately, we cannot yet order every color as the volume of parts would be too large for us. Typically, we order 3 colors at a time, so you may need to wait until a color is made. https://www.boxypixel.com/
To view all of our GBC products
Please refer to our FAQ page if you have further questions.
- These parts are not mass produced and we use multiple machine shops, so surface finish, texture, and color may vary between batches. Colors may also look different depending on your screen, the lighting, and variations in anodizing.
- Inventory may be slightly off due to these variations and potential damage of parts-- though we adjust for it, this is difficult to predict and we may have fewer of any item than anticipated.
- Please be sure to review our refund policy for cancelled and returned orders.
- Please see our FAQ page for information about international orders, import fees, and tariffs. We do not change the value of the shipment.
- Brass parts are custom machined one at a time after an order is placed. Brass will come as it was machined and can show some oxidation/discolor. Assume you will need to do your final surface finishing. Please allow approximately 1 month to machine
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.