Freeplay, Raspberry Pi CM3 Aluminum Machined Shell
Freeplay Emulator Shell
This a fully machined set of aluminum front and rear housings designed to be a drop in fit for Freeplay Tech's PCB. Freeplay's board uses the CM3 Raspberry Pi.
This latest design is now two parts - a front and rear
Full screen - This housing allows the screen to drop in, and use the full screen size
This is for the front and rear housing only. Buttons/D-pad, front glass and other parts are purchased separately
The new front shell has room for joysticks. You simply need to drill a single hole if you need them. There is a pilot hole on the inside of the shell. The Sony PSP-1000 joystick OR Nintendo switch joysticks can fit. (switch joysticks will require trimming the plastic ears)
A custom glass lens - This is a custom Boxy Pixel lens that has a black boarder sized for full screen viewing.
Buttons - The A,B,X,Y buttons and the directional keypad are machined aluminum and available for purchase. Any plastic game boy advance D-pad can be used. HOWEVER the A,B,X,Y buttons are custom to this shell. You can purchase them here, or download and print 3D printed buttons I have uploaded on thingiverse.
Optional: 2x Sony PSP-1000 joysticks or Switch Joysticks
Please refer to our FAQ page if you have further questions.
1. These parts save considerable time vs. cutting a plastic shell. However, there still needs to be some DIY ability to correctly wire, configure, and adjust some Nintendo parts to fit.
2. Unfortunately, these cannot be mixed with previous version. (The rear from this will not fit the front from an old version)
3. Freeplay allows a few different configurations for buttons on their boards. In order to use these boxy pixel shells you must use the Freeplay silicone "nipple" type switches for the A,B,X and Y buttons. (See sample PCB in images)
4. This housing may (or may not) fit the Freeplay Zero if your PCB board has 4 rubber nipple type buttons. I cannot offer support for fitting if you chose to do so.
5. The included fasteners may be too long in some rare instances. Do not force, and either cut them, or order M2x4mm long fasteners.