A custom glass lens - This is a custom boxypixel lens that has a black boarder sized for full screen viewing.
Buttons - The A,B,X,Y buttons and the directional keypad are machined aluminum and available for purchase. Any plastic game boy advance D-pad can be used. HOWEVER the A,B,X,Y buttons are custom to this shell. You can purchase them here, or download and print 3D printed buttons I have uploaded on thingiverse.
Please refer to our FAQ page if you have further questions.
1. These parts save considerable time vs. cutting a plastic shell. However, there still needs to be some DIY ability to correctly wire, configure, and adjust some Nintendo parts to fit.
2. Unfortunately, these cannot be mixed with previous version. (The rear from this will not fit the front from an old version)
3. Freeplay allows a few different configurations for buttons on their boards. In order to use these boxy pixel shells you must use the Freeplay silicone "nipple" type switches for the A,B,X and Y buttons. (See sample PCB in images)
4. This housing may (or may not) fit the Freeplay Zero if your PCB board has 4 rubber nipple type buttons. I cannot offer support for fitting if you chose to do so.
5. The included fasteners may be too long in some instances. Do not force, and either cut them, or order M2x4mm long fasteners.