Take your anodized aluminum shell one step further and get it laser etched with one of our designs. This service must be purchased with an aluminum shell.
Use the "customize" button on this page under the base price and quantity to create your etching. From there, upload your image or go to the clipart/images to view our preloaded images. Note: although jpg can work, its best to convert your image to a clear background png (google for converters).
This service is not a paint or print. This partially etches away the top of the anodize color of your Game Boy shell.
- In general, shaded, and non-white background images will not work well. The machine will etch any lines it sees.
- In general, shaded, and non-white background images will not work well. The machine will etch any lines it sees
- Each laser etching is set up one at a time, so they may vary slightly from one run to another.
- Laser etchings are suited for flat surfaces
- Shell/metal housing is not included in this listing, and must be purchased separately in your order.
- Although we try our best, It is difficult to align absolutely perfectly as we only have 1 attempt. Please keep in mind if you need something aligned perfectly.
- The etch will remove the color, so it is possible machining marks may be visible in the areas of etching. (Not common, but possible.)
These parts are not mass produced and we use multiple machine shops, so surface finish, texture, and color may vary between batches. Colors may also look different depending on your screen, the lighting, and variations in anodizing.
Please be sure to review our refund policy for cancelled and returned orders.
Please see our FAQ page for information about international orders, import fees, and tariffs. We do not change the value of the shipment and we do not have control over your particular country's fee/tariffs/taxes.
Brass parts come as machined and may show oxidation/discolor and some small machining or small scratches are possible. Assume you will need to do your final surface finishing using a flexible 3M sanding pad. (The 3M 7448 usually works well). After polishing, apply clearcoat, poly, or other coating to maintain the shine.