This set brings to life the Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP in our Boxy Pixel aluminum design. This second-generation housing includes 4 parts: Front housing, LCD rear housing, main rear housing, battery rear panel, and fasteners.
- The rear L and R buttons are in the same location on the backside. The L and R buttons will have precise, reduced travel, and the front buttons (not included) are taller than stock buttons.
- With a used SP, an upgraded IPS screen, and our buttons, you can drop the parts in without any soldering. If you would like to add functionality, we have features built in to do so.
- There is space made to add a type C charge board and/or headphone jack. If you choose not to use them, we have 3D-printed plugs to fill the holes on the bottom.
- There is space for a larger, optional battery if desired. We have a larger 1700 mAh battery available.
- The depth is larger than the original and makes for more comfortable playing.
- The brightness button is designed so you can solder in the brightness control wire if you desire.
- There is still access to the rear link port and the power port, yet some larger attachment modules will not fit.
- Height = 133mm, Width = 82mm, depth = 22.9m
- Assembled aluminum weight = 7.8 oz (depending on modifications)
- Included fastener size: M1.7x 3mm and 4mm long, flathead
Basic parts required:
Original Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP (any version)
Plastic power switch and volume slider plastic
Wire (28-30 awg recommended). Can use much smaller wire for any signal wires for headphones.
To view all of our Unhinged products
1. Can these new parts fit the Version 1 unhinged?
With the exception of the flat battery panel, no.
2. Do I use stock silicone, do I use stock L and R buttons, etc?
Answer: I have created an assembly process with images so you can see what is involved to assemble and get a better understanding of what parts are needed for your custom build.
3. Can I use an OEM screen?
Yes! The stock screen is a very tight fit, so carefully remove the foam on the back of the screen.
If you would rather have a fully functional custom unit built for you, contact one of the builders from our list: Builders List
These parts are not mass produced and we use multiple machine shops, so surface finish, texture, and color may vary between batches. Colors may also look different depending on your screen, the lighting, and variations in anodizing.
Please be sure to review our refund policy for cancelled and returned orders.
Please see our FAQ page for information about international orders, import fees, and tariffs. We do not change the value of the shipment and we do not have control over your particular country's fee/tariffs/taxes.
Brass parts come as machined and may show oxidation/discolor and some small machining or small scratches are possible. Assume you will need to do your final surface finishing using a flexible 3M sanding pad. (The 3M 7448 usually works well). After polishing, apply clearcoat, poly, or other coating to maintain the shine.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.