These machined aluminum shells allow you to convert your Game Boy Color to have a backlit color screen. This new shell does fit the new IPS screen from Funnyplaying and also features a cutout for the IR port at the top.
These shells are compatible with several types of screens:
IPS screen from Funnyplaying - No adapter needed
Benn Venn backlit screen (Freckleshack): It may take you some time to get these screens, but if you can get one they will fit with an adapter.
Clear or color anodizing protects the surface from scratches, oxidation, and fingerprints.
No matter what shell, you will receive the following:
Custom machined front and rear shells
No shell trimming
No hot glue or cutting fasteners, steel fasteners included
Side cutout for a charge board to upgrade to rechargeable battery (AA batteries are no longer needed)
The power switch detent (the 'click') is maintained!
The following are other Game Boy Color parts to complete your custom build:
3d printed battery holder is used to aide in assembly. This battery holder precisely locates a small power board that powers a rechargeable battery.
Charge board This is mounted to the 3d printed battery holder and connects to a rechargeable battery. 2 wires connect to rechargeable battery, 2 wires connect to Nintendo PCB.
Rechargeable battery A huge capacity 2000 mah battery! This is available for purchase from Boxy Pixel for US customers only as I cannot ship batteries individually.
If you find a part out of stock, visit our central location for part availability. It shows what colors are on order and also an estimated time to receive parts. Unfortunately, we cannot yet order every color as the volume of parts would be too large for us. Typically, we order 3 colors at a time, so you may need to wait until a color is made. https://www.boxypixel.com/pages/product-availability
Please refer to our FAQ page if you have further questions.
1. These parts are not mass produced, and as such should be considered hand made. Examples of which are: machining marks are typically visible on close inspection, and anodizing can vary from slightly from part to part, and/or anodizing racking marks can be visible. These are particularly prominent on black-anodized parts. We see these aspects as adding to the unique and individual character of each part, but will gladly offer a refund if you are dissatisfied with the appearance of your piece.
2. Surface finish, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. We use multiple machine shops and are continuously improving our products’ surface finish. Colors may also look different depending on your screen, the lighting, and also variations in anodizing from batch to batch.
3. The clear anodize is a chemical alteration to the surface that is colorless and helps protect from oxidation, scratches, and finger prints.
4. Please be sure to review our refund policy for cancelled and returned orders.
5. International orders: Import taxes/fees/tariffs are not included. Your country will determine these fees. We do not change the value of the shipment. Please refer to our FAQ page if you have further questions.