Game Boy Color Machined Aluminum Shells - Full Set
This machined aluminum front shell allows you to convert your Game Boy Color to have a backlit color screen. This includes both front and rear aluminum housings and requires that you upgrade to a rechargeable lithium battery.
These shells are compatible with several types of screens:
- Custom aluminum CNC machined front and rear housings
- Oval side cutout for use of a Type-C DC conversion board
- No hot glue or cutting fasteners, steel fasteners included
- Click Here for an assembly guides (Updates coming soon)
- Fastener size is M2 (4mm and 6mm long included)
- Touch sensors can be tricky, so be prepared. I have had some luck using conductive copper tape with a wire soldered to it. I stick the copper tape to the inside of the lens without touching anything. You will notice a rectangular notch where the lens is installed.
The following are other Game Boy Color parts to complete your custom build:
3d printed battery holder is used to aid in assembly. This battery holder precisely locates a small power board that powers a rechargeable battery.
Type-C Charge board This is mounted to the 3d printed battery holder and connects to a rechargeable battery. 2 wires connect to rechargeable battery, 2 wires connect to Nintendo PCB.
Rechargeable battery A huge capacity 2000 mAh battery! This is available for purchase from Boxy Pixel for US customers only as I cannot ship batteries internationally.
If you find a part out of stock, visit our central location for part availability. It shows what colors are on order and also an estimated time to receive parts. Unfortunately, we cannot yet order every color as the volume of parts would be too large for us. Typically, we order 3 colors at a time, so you may need to wait until a color is made. https://www.boxypixel.com/
To view all of our GBC products
Please refer to our FAQ page if you have further questions.
- These parts are not mass produced and we use multiple machine shops, so surface finish, texture, and color may vary between batches. Colors may also look different depending on your screen, the lighting, and variations in anodizing.
- Inventory may be slightly off due to these variations and potential damage of parts-- though we adjust for it, this is difficult to predict and we may have fewer of any item than anticipated.
- Please be sure to review our refund policy for cancelled and returned orders.
- Please see our FAQ page for information about international orders, import fees, and tariffs. We do not change the value of the shipment.
- Brass parts are custom machined one at a time after an order is placed. Brass will come as it was machined and can show some oxidation/discolor. Assume you will need to do your final surface finishing. Please allow approximately 1 month to machine.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.