By far the biggest Game Boy we have made yet. This is a CNC machined from billet aluminum housing for the Game Boy DMG. Includes machined front housing, rear main housing, battery access panel, thumb screw and fasteners.
- Cutout for screen in the front housing is larger to accommodate larger aftermarket screens - no housing cutting should be required
- Can use 4xAA batteries if you purchase the 3d printed battery contact holders and the metal battery contacts
- Room to modify - There is a type C cutout on the bottom and also additional room in the battery compartment if you would like to add a battery, type C board and a voltage regulator. We do not yet have instructions for this modification - stay tuned!
- Any plastic buttons will fit, or you can choose our metal buttons
- Screens that fit
- Stock Screen
- Funnyplaying screen kit- You will need to devise a method to hold the screen and the glass is slightly too large.
- RIPS V5 screen kit - Fits, however you will need to use a 3d printed bracket to locate the screen. This is not yet available
- One chip OSD kit (Q5 screen)- Fits, however you will need to use our 3d printed bracket to locate the screen.
- In general, there are many versions of screens out there. All backlit screens and boards should "fit" without trimming. Positioning/holding the screen may be needed as the screen locating parts included with some screen kits may not fit properly.
Nintendo board and plastic power button from your original game boy.
Button set (Plastic buttons can be used if desired)
Battery contact - Quantity 3 in total are needed
Screen bracket - Used to locate the OSD screen
Optional Download 3d print files: Adapter to locate your aftermarket screen
If using a type C charge board, use this bracket to hold in place. (Thanks Xipher!)
Front glass - Keep in mind the stock screen painted rectangular opening is smaller than most aftermarket screen kits, so get the correct one. NOTE: The Funnyplaying glass is ever so slightly too large to fit these aluminum shells. So close in fact, that some do actually fit. You could make the glass fit by sanding the glass edge.
Here is a quick video showing an example assembly using the OSD RIPS V5 screen.
If you find a part out of stock, visit our central location for part availability. It shows what colors are on order and also an estimated time to receive parts. If not listed, we do not yet have an update. https://www.boxypixel.com/
- These parts are not mass produced and we use multiple machine shops, so surface finish, texture, and color may vary between batches and even part to part. Colors may also look different depending on your screen, the lighting, and variations in anodizing.
- Inventory may be slightly off due to these variations and potential damage of parts-- though we adjust for it, this is difficult to predict and we may have fewer of any item than anticipated.
- Please be sure to review our refund policy for cancelled and returned orders.
- Please see our FAQ page for information about international orders, import fees, and tariffs. We do not change the value of the shipment.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.